Although I did have snow at my house yesterday it has melted and the sky is blue and the birds are chirping. I guess we can say that spring has sprung.
Today I have been working on a weekend menu but instead of nailing things down so I can get to the grocery store; I have decided to peruse the internet in between my painting assignment. I am helping my parents paint their bedroom which is fine but I am the one that gets to do all of the floor work or intricate touch-up work. (I actually have rug burns on my knees and legs). Love you too mom!!
So I am going to keep this simple since I have to leave in about 30 minutes and drive two hours away and won’t be home until after midnight. Here is some of my favorite things for this Easter weekend and by the way . . .
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!
1. This is a sandwich that I really want to try this weekend. For some reason it just screams spring to me. You can find it on skinnytaste.com
2. If I decide to make anything traditional this weekend (probably won’t since we had Easter dinner last weekend while everyone was in town), I think I would have to serve the meat on this.
3. I promised my father that I would make him some sort of lemon dessert and since I am not his English grandmother I can’t fully promise a lemon tart but here are the two choices in the running.
4. I might put up a bunny picture or two just because.
5. Last but not least; a new dress might be in order. Aren’t we always suppose to get a new Easter dress?! 🙂