So this week . . . what to say about it. At least I wasn’t in the office at 5:30am; at all . . . any day. Yea for me!! I also didn’t work past 8pm. I see improvement on the horizon! I am also finding it to be a very CLEAR crystal ball as to me moving forward with the intent to move to Ireland. April 1st, April 1st, April 1st . . . I have to chant it over and over when I am stressed.
This week we have returned again to the Places I Have Been post. I really like this post because it gives me a small trip down memory lane. Right now I am finding myself in the great state of Texas and so I decided that I would tell you about the places that I have been to in San Antonio thus far. I am looking for suggestions on what to do next while here so please be forth coming. I need stories for future posts! 🙂
1. When considering whether or not to move down here I had to look around for potential places to live. I know exactly where I would live
2. I really do think the San Antonio River Walk
is beautiful. Thank heavens because, let’s face it, San Antonio isn’t exactly known for its killer views.
3. I haven’t branched out past Mexican food since being here but that is because I am starved for it in Utah. While the best food I have eaten has come from a co-worker, this place
is pretty good as well.
4. My office is currently across the street from the airport but more importantly it is across the street from where the San Antonio Spurs
catch their jet for away games. Take that Sundance Film Festival!
5. And lastly, while driving through a neighborhood looking for places to live, I found Hollywood Park
and I thought I had a deer problem in Utah.
We have reached the end of another week and this has been the strangest one yet. It was full of packing and shipping boxes and the office (or how I more appropriately called it home), will be officially empty in a couple of hours and Legend Healthcare in Utah will exist no more.
There is a lot of different emotions running through me right now. For one, I am sad to see an era come to a close and I am very sad to lose wonderful coworkers. But at the same time, I am SUPER excited about the possibilities of something new. The whole world is opening up and all I had to do was quit my job. Who knew?
In fact, yesterday when all of the boxes left and my computer was on its way to Texas, my own body started crashing. It was as if all of the stress over 10 years needed to finally get some rest. It was the longest 20 minute drive home. I guess that I am decompression mode.
So in honor of my new life . . . oh wait a minute . . . my life . . . below is the five favorite things I plan on doing.
1. Eating breakfast at the table in my house instead of in front of a computer.
2. Sleeping a full 8 hours every night.
3. Being able to participate in life outside while the sun is still shining.
4. Eating lunch and dinner away from my desk.
5.Finding time to exercise and it not be 3:30 in the morning.
Here is to something new everyone!!
Can you believe it? I am not exactly sure where 2014 went but we have moved onto 2015. I have the sneaking suspicion that 2015 is going to go by just as quickly. Yesterday I was having a conversation with my mother about how busy and planned I am from now until April. That is scary that on the first day of the new year I am already jumping ahead to spring. How is your 2015 shaping up? Do you find yourselves just as busy?
So here we are at the cross-roads of another round of new year resolutions. I am not going to ask you to create your typical list nor do I want to hear it. I want to know what resolutions you are going to make to be friendlier, happier and more relaxed this year. So if you post anything about a gym . . . I might have eliminate you from my weekly list. 🙂
Here are my resolutions to finding a more relaxed me this year.
1. Move to a foreign country
2. Sit on the beach and stare at the ocean while meditating (must happen once a week).
3. Eat more ice cream (this always make me feel like a little kid and only counts when having it in a cone)
4. Be nicer to myself and my feelings.
5. Be in the moment no matter where I am (instead of always being at the office).