It is summer and produce is in full swing. Ever since I moved back to the PNW, I have been more involved in local farmer markets and believe you can attend a different local one each day of the week. Yesterday I picked up my CSA box and berry share of the season and OMG . . .it looks incredible! So in honor of farmer markets everywhere; below are 5 incredible ones you can find in your global travels. Guess what? I have been to some of them.
It’s the season for road trips and I take them in abundance. While my destination, the length of the road trip, and the people who travel with me, change with each trip; there are fundamentals that always remain. Here are 5 items that I will always have in my car before starting a road trip.
- Sunglasses are an absolute must and I have been on trips where I have forgotten mine. So when anyone is traveling with me, I also have extra sunglasses for everyone in the car.
- Water is something every passenger has in my car and I have it in bottles that can be reused for the duration of the trip. You never know when you desperately need that sip of water.
- A blanket that can be used to cover things, sit on, sleep with or even dry off with.
- Kleenex because drive-thru napkins are just so harsh on your face.
- Roadside emergency kit for the . . .’I wasn’t prepared for that’ moments.
Now that it is beautiful outside, no one wants to stay inside. But after a few months of being cooped up indoors, you realize that everything inside needs the freshness that is outside. . .enter, spring cleaning. I am pretty consistent on a lot of things–my house is clean, orderly, and taken care of. But every spring I feel the need to breathe life back into all the nooks and crannies.
So here are 5 tips and tricks that I have tried if you want to achieve the same.
I have had the same living space design for more years than I care to admit. My biggest reason was–why change what is just fine? My living room was full of furniture that was functional, well-kept, and pleasing but something happened inside me at the beginning of this year. I don’t know if it was the fact that I now spend so much time at home because of the shift that the pandemic brought or if something inside of me is just ready for a change. Either way, it has been my mission to update the space.
I have been working on it casually since January. Starting first with a new couch, a new rearrangement of furniture and now it is morphing into older furniture pieces leaving and new ones coming in. So below are 5 new features I have been looking at while I update my living space decor.