I love that it is finally spring where I live and I can go outside without all the heavy gear on to protect me from the elements. The bad thing is, now I have a sudden desire to go shopping, visit the stylist, and plan a vacation. My pocketbook might not make it through the transition. Below are 5 things I am wanting to do to celebrate spring.
I am very lucky this year because I have the opportunity to spend Easter with all of my family members. How lucky did I get?! It requires me to travel but it will be worth it in the end. I am also lucky because I don’t have to do all the start to finish planning and preparing—I have my family to help! But I would be sad if I didn’t contribute in some way so here are some of the things that I am contributing to this year’s Easter celebration.
- I need to bake something with the kids and this is pretty simple and easy for everyone to do provided by Pretty Providence.
- I get to bring the veggies to the table so I am bringing this from House of Nash Eats.
- I am also creating the deviled eggs and I love the ranch ones from Hidden Valley.
- I am also adding Salmon to the dinner (since I don’t eat pork) and I really want to try this recipe from A Gouda Life since I think it will pair nice with the rest of the dinner.
- Unfortunately I will be travelling while everyone else is dying Easter eggs but if I was there . . . I would totally does this idea from Unsopisticook.
So I am kind of excited that we get to start this new year off with a rare occurrence . . . the Super Blue Blood Moon. It is pretty incredible that we are able to witness some of these things and that we know when they will happen.
If anyone doesn’t know what I am talking about here are some links to help acquaint you with the event that happened on January 31st. Thank you Newsweek for the quick account of the event and NASA for the live stream of the event.
While I was not able to see the event myself because of our cloud cover, I did add pictures I took of the first full moon. (You can see we have a cloud cover problem) 🙂
To honor this awesome event; here are 5 things to keep the theme of the moon alive.
- Decorate your space with some awesome moon inspired artwork. I love this vendor on Etsy.
- I have actually seen these lamps around town and I really like them.
- Aren’t these cookies so clever! Enjoy them from Cadry’s Kitchen.
- I love this necklace and it’s tribute to the moon and stars by Mignon and Mignon.
- Just in case you need to be reminded about how great it is to be an astronaut and attempt a landing on the moon–watch Apollo 13 again.
I am one of those people who really likes to be creative and make things but I am also one of those people who what I picture in my head, never is executed in the same manner. I end up with an interpretation and usually poor at best. But if I had the skill and the time to create, I would probably create all of my Christmas gifts. I think that time given in a labor of love means more than a gift card.
So here are 5 things that I would absolutely love to make for others.