Here we are at the music post and I have some songs that remind me to smile just because I am good and life is good. Enjoy!
Month: March 2023
I don’t know how much travel you do by yourself but if this isn’t something you do . . . you should. Solo travel allows you to experience only the things you want to experience. The best part is you don’t have to convince others to partake! With that being said, I do enjoy traveling with others. It is nice to share memories. I recently just came back from a trip that I took by myself. It was an off-grid trip, meaning I couldn’t reach out to others if I was bored or lonely. That time gave me the opportunity to reconnect with myself and what is important to me. So here are 5 tips when traveling alone no matter where you are in the world.
- Have a general outline of what your trip should look like and let others know before you go that outline just as a precaution. BUT leave a ton of room for adaptation once you are there and in the thick of what is going on around you.
- Pick a destination that speaks to what you are needing. Are you needing some quiet relaxation after a two-month work project? Do you need some excitement to get you out of your routine? Do need to go for an experience-driven trip because you don’t feel connected with life?
- Spend time with the locals in their local lives. Go ahead and go to their grocery store, walk in their parks, and visit their local favorite diners. Mingling with the locals gives you a better sense of life in that area and opens up other opportunities for you. On one such trip for me, I made the decision to move to the location.
- Take a class. Much like point 3, this one gives you the opportunity to develop a new skill with new friends. I love taking cooking classes in the new locations that I find myself in. I develop a new skill and I always make new friends that I end up keeping long after the trip has ended.
- Go with the intent that the souvenirs you will bring home are the memories that are made. Those are the trips that stay with us LONG after it has ended.
Dreaming of Flowers
This morning we had snow falling . . .again. Every day I am outside taking a walk and I admit, I am a little over being wet and cold by the time I get home. I also really miss being able to see the flowers blossoming that I love so much. I live close to a large tulip farm and they have had to push their season back by a month! So in honor of flowers and to help us all dream a little more about spring . . .here are 5 flowers I would love to see on my walks.
Dreaming of Spring
Am I the only one who is over the “second” winter we are having? I love all seasons but some seasons seem to try and stick around a little longer than they should. At the end of one, I usually get twitchy for the next one to start. I know . . . we technically haven’t reached the start of spring yet but I am feeling okay if it shows up 3 weeks early.
So here are a few items I have been looking at that are causing me to dream of spring.