So here we are rounding out the month, finishing with the music post. I hope everyone felt loved this month but most importantly, I hope that everyone knows you are loved every day!
To finish this month I decided to share with you the greatest love songs of all the decades represented in my family (that means there are more than 5). Please share with me the songs you think are the greatest; I would love to hear them!
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes by The Platters
- Be My Baby by The Ronettes
- Love Will Keep Us Together by Captain & Tennille
- Lady in Red by Chris De Burgh
- I Will Always Love You by Dolly Parton (Performed by Whitney Houston)
- Breathe by Faith Hill
Today started as a beautiful day. It was sunny and headed to the warm side of fifty but by the time I was getting ready to leave, I started watching the gray clouds roll in. By the time I got on the freeway I had drops hitting my windshield. So the drive was slow and the rain was falling fast. Since I had extra time to sit in traffic and think; I had a thought . . . Where would I rather be will it is raining? (I’ll be the first to say that I hate driving in rain)
So in answer to that question; here are my favorite places I have been while it is raining.
- In bed: There is nothing better than the permission the rain grants you to stay in bed just a little longer and be lazy for the morning.
- Reading in your favorite spot: You know the spot. The one on the couch or chair or floor that has your name written all over it. Probably pretty close to a fire and near the window so you can watch how calm everything is and get caught up in the world of the book.
- The beach: I know this sounds weird but it is pretty awesome to stare at the ocean while it is stormy outside.
- The middle of the forest: Have you ever been out hiking or camping and it starts to rain? You might not feel the rain at first but you can hear it falling on the leaves and trickling to the ground.
- In a skyscraper office with floor to ceiling windows: Did you know that some skyscrapers I have been in are so tall that the cloud cover is actually below me? I can look down and see the cloud and leave the building to be in the rain but I can also see the sun shining brightly above it all.
One thing I have learned over the years; there is beauty in all kinds of weather. You just need to learn to appreciate it.
I am going to make this very simple today . . . Happy Valentine’s Day!
Guess what . . . it is February and that means we should all be thinking a little more about love. LOVE–that is actually a really small word that means so much in so many different ways. The Beatles said it best when they said, “All you need is love”. Love has power behind it. It has the power to change everything and anything that it touches. What a fabulous miracle that each and every one of us has at the tips of fingers or the breath on our lips.
So I want you to go out there tomorrow and take a test in the world. Mentally note each time you felt love. It can be in the simplest of forms to the most grandiose. So here are my top 5 ways I felt love yesterday. Think about your list and I think you will find love in places you didn’t know it existed.
- While driving home I was stuck in traffic and had the opportunity to really see how beautiful the city is that I live in. I was filled with love and respect for it.
- I had a conversation with my mother and father and at the end both expressed their love for me before hanging up.
- I had the opportunity to meet a new family that lives near me. After being in the home for approximately 3 minutes; their little girl promptly told me that I can come over all of the time and play with her. I love children!
- When walking into my house I had a neighborhood cat come up to me. I was able to scratch her ears as she purred happily. I love animals.
- While driving into work I was able to sit and think about my life and where it is headed. I have many of the same concerns that everyone has and it would be very easy to get caught up in them but luckily I was filled with a strong sense that I am loved and being watched over. All things will pass in the their time.
P.S. Attached are some photos I took from last weekend so you too can see how loved I feel in the natural beauty that surrounds me.