We are getting closer to the kids being out of school and that means everyone will need to start coming up with ways to entertain the kids so they don’t go berserk from boredom. So here a few suggestions:
Month: March 2017
Songs to Brighten Your Day
Do you know what we need?
So here are five songs to bring out the “sunshine in your soul”.
- Oh, What a Beautiful Morning from Oklahoma!
- Bright by Echosmith
- You Are My Sunshine sung by Gene Autry
- Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah from Song of the South
- Brighter Than The Sun by Colbie Caillat
Spring Break Family Time
So I just got back from a mini-vacation or in my world, my spring break. I went to Utah to visit with family. It was great! I always enjoy spending time with my family. A mini get-away was exactly what my doctor should have ordered for me. But . . . sometimes I have wonderful fantasies about where I would really like to go for spring break (should time and money never be a factor). Don’t get me wrong—I love my family and I don’t mind using up my vacation time to be with them. So here is my list of spring break vacations I would like to take with my family so that I can have the best of both worlds.
- First trip would be with my parents and we would head to New Zealand. My Dad lived there long ago and it would be wonderful to go there with him.
- A camping trip would have to be made with my sister and her family to British Columbia.
- Of course there would be a girl’s only trip to Hawaii.
- Then a trip for the kids to Walt Disney World.
- Finishing off with a trip for the whole family to Sweden so we can learn more about our heritage.
Eat This! (Spring Edition)
Spring is springing and I am SUPER excited! I have had enough cold weather and snow/ice to last me for a couple of years. With the weather warming up, the buds peeking on the trees and the daffodils shooting up from the ground—I am inclined to shrug off the winter food fare in favor of items with a lighter feel. So here are some items I am eyeing to start whipping up in the kitchen.
This just looks heavenly to me.
Totally intrigued since I don’t have a juicer.
This looks amazing for work lunches.