This year has been FULL of work travel and that means I have been keeping the I-5 nice and warm between Oregon and Washington. This fall I headed back to Seattle for another work trip and even though I manage to be up there a lot; I still find new things to love. Here are 5 new things that I fell in love with during this last trip.
Another work destination had me located in Tacoma for a few days. It was nice spending some time getting to know a place that I usually drive through to other locations. There was a lot of fun things to see and do while I was there and while I have posted before about the Museums, this time I found myself exploring another area. Here are 5 new things that I found that I would go back to in a heartbeat.
I had the most relaxing vacation this year going to a place that I have never been and therefore having no memories or people attached to it . . . Bethany Beach.
It was the kind of vacation I needed this year. So many things are in transition in my life and the last thing I needed was to “relax” in my usual places. That might sound weird but not having any attachment to a place and no agenda was EXACTLY how I got my mind and then my body to relax.
I have only driven through a small portion of Delaware before this trip so I can safely say that I didn’t know Delaware until now. I was introduced to a lot of fun new things and foods. Below are my top 5 introductions.
What about your travels? Where have you been that cause your mind and body to relax?
- Dickey’s Frozen Custard: I don’t eat sugar right not but I did manage to get in a couple of bites. Let me tell you . . . it is sooo smooth and creamy. If you love custard, you need to try this place.
- Ocean Kayaking: I have never been in a kayak before this trip and I was eager to give it a try. I am hooked! (Although I have a lot to learn before I can safely surf in the kayak)
- DB’s Fries: So . . . I also don’t eat potatoes right now but my friend promised me that it would be worth it to try a couple. She was right.
- Finch Outdoor Furniture: Beautiful outdoor pieces made of durable poly.
- Cape May, NJ: I didn’t realize that you could take a ferry to New Jersey let alone see this ADORABLE coastal town.
How many of you have ever consider going to Boise for a weekend? If you haven’t, you should. It has a lot of fun things to do, see, and eat. Consider it as an option and you will be surprised. Here are some ideas after my last quick trip for you to consider.