It is summer and produce is in full swing. Ever since I moved back to the PNW, I have been more involved in local farmer markets and believe you can attend a different local one each day of the week. Yesterday I picked up my CSA box and berry share of the season and OMG . . .it looks incredible! So in honor of farmer markets everywhere; below are 5 incredible ones you can find in your global travels. Guess what? I have been to some of them.
It’s the season for road trips and I take them in abundance. While my destination, the length of the road trip, and the people who travel with me, change with each trip; there are fundamentals that always remain. Here are 5 items that I will always have in my car before starting a road trip.
- Sunglasses are an absolute must and I have been on trips where I have forgotten mine. So when anyone is traveling with me, I also have extra sunglasses for everyone in the car.
- Water is something every passenger has in my car and I have it in bottles that can be reused for the duration of the trip. You never know when you desperately need that sip of water.
- A blanket that can be used to cover things, sit on, sleep with or even dry off with.
- Kleenex because drive-thru napkins are just so harsh on your face.
- Roadside emergency kit for the . . .’I wasn’t prepared for that’ moments.
Here we are . . .road trip season. I love my road trips and I used to use it as a time to eat whatever junk food I wanted to eat. As I have gotten older, I have realized that I just don’t enjoy feeling sick from the processed food that you can buy at convenience stores. I am grateful for the upgrades that a lot of these establishments have made on having healthier options but honestly, the best thing is just to do a little prepping and bring your own food along for the ride.
So here are my top 5 items to bring along on a road trip.
It is the month of love so . . .and who doesn’t want to getaway?