I know . . . Valentine’s Day is not a fabulous holiday for some. I think it is because we only focus on romantic love instead of all kinds of love. Stop putting so much pressure on the day and just focus on the opportunity you have to show love to all that you meet.
In the meantime, if you can’t get past the general media push of romance. Here are 5 other days to celebrate in February other than Valentine’s.
- Groundhog Day (February 2nd)
- Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day (1st Saturday of the Month)
- National Pizza Day (February 9th)
- Do a Grouch a Favor Day (February 16th)
- Be Humble Day (February 22nd)
My favorite things about Valentine’s Day . . .
- Receiving valentine’s
- Showing people you love them
- Having flowers in the house
- Cooking something in the chocolate food group
- Knowing really what love is
February is here!
Can you believe it?
Time is passing by very quickly for a new year. Girl just can’t catch a break! Even though I can’t believe we are already well into the new year; I am happy to be in February. Every month inches me closer to being out of winter and for that I am VERY excited. Besides that, I love all the red and pink you see during the month. It is bright against so much dark during the winter months and reminds me that the world is slowly coming back alive. Can’t wait to see it!
So in honor of red and pink; here are 5 things that I LOVE seeing in those colors.
- Red High Heels
- Pink Tulips
- Red Ivy on Buildings
- Pink Cotton Candy
- Red Barns
So it happened. I turned 40.
Don’t get me wrong; I am not sulking about it or trying to hide it. I am really okay with my age. My age has only ever been a number. Some birthdays I have wanted to be a certain number but most birthdays I just don’t care. The only thing that seems a little off settling is when I think about home much I have lived and what I have done in 40 years and it is surprising in certain aspects.
For some reason when I was younger, 40 seemed old. It seemed like something I never wanted to be but now that I am here . . . it really is no different than any other number.
So to celebrate my birthday and the 40 years that have passed by; I am listing 5 albums that have been apart of my life.
- Whitesnake: Whitesnake–This album was the first record I ever bought and it will forever hold a place in my heart.Enjoy this song from that album.
- Cocktail: The Movie Soundtrack–This album was the first cassette tape I ever owned and yes, I played it on my Walkman. Enjoy this song from the album.
- Tracy Chapman: New Beginning–This album was the first CD that I ever owned and of course, I played it over and over. Enjoy this song from that album.
- The Last of the Mohicans: The Movie Soundtrack–I just loved the soundtrack and would play it over and over while I was studying in college and even play it to fall asleep at night. Enjoy this song from that album.
- The Eagles: Hell Freezes Over–This was the first album that I ever bought after a concert and it holds a special place in my heart since their song was number one the year that I was born and is probably my most favorite song ever. Enjoy the song!