Raise your hand if tacos are your thing! Yup, they are in this house. A while I ago I saw a post about a taco truck trip and since no one can travel far from home this summer, we decided to check it out for ourselves.
We created our own rating system with the possibility of a perfect score at 35. The highest score achieved was 31.5 and the lowest was 7. Some of the items we graded for were tortilla, meat, beans, and size. Below are 5 of our favorite stops with their score.
What are you doing to get to know your area a little better this summer?
- El Jalisco located at 8726 SW Barber Blvd Portland, OR (Rating: 31.50)
- Don Pedro at 5900 NE Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver, WA (Rating 25.75)
- Trejo’s Mexican at 1833 W Court Street Pasco, WA (Rating: 28.50)
- Raliberto’s Taco Shop at 233 128th Street Everett, WA (Rating: 28.75)
- El Chapulin Oaxaqueno at 4451 California Ave SW Seattle, WA (Rating: 28.50)
I have been travelling a lot lately and will keep it up for at least another month or two. I really do love to travel and can’t wait to share some pictures from all of the trips with you guys. But travel isn’t what I want to talk about today. I want to talk about easing back into regular life while your brain is still in vacation mode.
It is actually really hard to jump from one to the next unless your vacation and home habits are the same. My habits are similar to some extent but one area I always struggle in is, getting back into routine with my eating habits.
When I am on vacation, 9 out of 10 times I will be eating out or at the very least, eating things that I don’t normally eat when I am at home. It feels a little like going through toxic shock for the first 24 hours before I can really re-establish my normal eating patterns.
I am a pretty boring eater on a daily basis. I generally do something fun and exciting for Sunday dinner when family and friends come around but every day . . . it is just me. However, here are my next 5 recipes that I want to try when I have a moment in my own kitchen.
- Grilled Salmon Burgers with Avocado Salsa from Laughing Spatula
- Lemon Lentil Soup from Gimme Some Oven
- Sweet & Sour Asian Pickled Cucumbers with Chicken Satay from FoodieCrush
- Zesty Lime Shrimp & Avocado Salad from Fifteen Spatulas
- Coconut Curry Noodle Soup from The Woks of Life
We survived the super hot weather . . . whew! it was a close one 🙂 But that did leave me with cooking without the oven this week and excited about going to the beach this weekend. So here is a recap of things I tried new this week and this weekend.
- Turkey Zucchini Burger with Tahini Sauce by Clean Eating Magazine. They were wonderful and refreshing. It was summer in a pita!
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Skinny Taste. Not going to lie; the house smelled wonderful as it cooked in the crock-pot all day. I did make one small change; instead of any salad dressing I just used a little bit of sour cream. It was nice not having a dressing covering up the taste of the chicken.
- Chicken Power Bowls with Crispy Baked Garbanzo Beans by Iowa Girl Eats. I have been making and remaking these bowls for a long time now. I just love them!
- Summer Breakfast Quinoa Bowl by Skinny Taste. I actually ate mine cold and it was great. I didn’t add sugar but stuck with just the honey and fresh fruit. It is very filling and a great way to start the morning.
- Cannon Beach Sandcastle Contest 2016. I can’t wait for this weekend because this is where you will find me. I love spending time at the ocean but I also love seeing the art behind sandcastles. Look for pictures next week!
To finish this post off right; here are some pictures from my many activities over the last couple of weeks. Remember to get outside and enjoy summer!!