So I have a place in my heart for love songs. There are a LOT of them out there and I have different feelings when I listen to different songs but lately I have thought a lot about the cozy type of love. The love that equals home, peace and forever.
Enjoy my top 5!
- Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
- Hold You in My Arms by Ray LaMontagne
- Lover of the Light by Mumford & Sons
- Question by Old 97’s
- Rivers & Roads by The Head and The Heart
I know . . . Valentine’s Day is not a fabulous holiday for some. I think it is because we only focus on romantic love instead of all kinds of love. Stop putting so much pressure on the day and just focus on the opportunity you have to show love to all that you meet.
In the meantime, if you can’t get past the general media push of romance. Here are 5 other days to celebrate in February other than Valentine’s.
- Groundhog Day (February 2nd)
- Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day (1st Saturday of the Month)
- National Pizza Day (February 9th)
- Do a Grouch a Favor Day (February 16th)
- Be Humble Day (February 22nd)
My favorite things about Valentine’s Day . . .
- Receiving valentine’s
- Showing people you love them
- Having flowers in the house
- Cooking something in the chocolate food group
- Knowing really what love is
February is here!
Can you believe it?
Time is passing by very quickly for a new year. Girl just can’t catch a break! Even though I can’t believe we are already well into the new year; I am happy to be in February. Every month inches me closer to being out of winter and for that I am VERY excited. Besides that, I love all the red and pink you see during the month. It is bright against so much dark during the winter months and reminds me that the world is slowly coming back alive. Can’t wait to see it!
So in honor of red and pink; here are 5 things that I LOVE seeing in those colors.
- Red High Heels
- Pink Tulips
- Red Ivy on Buildings
- Pink Cotton Candy
- Red Barns