This month my oldest niece is turning 12 and that is pretty significant. It is the end of being ‘the kid’ and that start of being a teenager. Music has always played a big part in my life and I know that for my niece, it is no different. So in honor of her birthday; here are 5 of my favorite songs the year that I was 12.
- Richard Marx: Right Here Waiting I loved this song so much that I even learned how to play it on the piano.
- The B-52’s: Love Shack is this song really this old? Wow, I really am getting old!
- Janet Jackson: Rhythm Nation Yeah, so I was a HUGE fan of Janet Jackson during this time. This was song was one that I constantly rewound the tape to listen to.
- Tom Petty: Free Fallin’ During this time I developed a deep love and appreciation for Tom Petty and it continues to this day.
- Young MC: Bust A Move Just so everyone knows, I still listen to this song to this day while working out.
5 thoughts on “The Songs I Loved at Age 12”
Magnificent items from you, man. I have be mindful your stuff previous to and you are simply too magnificent.
I really like what you’ve acquired right here, really like what you are saying and the
best way in which you are saying it. You’re making
it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it smart.
I cant wait to learn much more from you. This is actually a terrific web site.
Wow that was odd. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear.
Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say excellent blog!
Sorry the comment didn’t make it all the way through. That has happened to me as well. Thanks for the compliment!
OK…………Let’s start with Richard Marx…….I do like that song but what’s with the hair? Then there’s…………..The Love Shack, which we already talked about………..fun song but the content? Janet Jackson’s video was unavailable. Tom Petty………so-so on that song. MC Hammer?………..I can’t begin to imagine how anyone could exercise to that music! So I’m thinking…………..The 60’s get knocked for various reasons but I’m stick’in with it! Next time post some songs by groups that were popular when I was 12 like The Beach Boys and The Beatles! Now THERE’S some good music!
Oh man, how I remember those songs! I love all of them! Oh the memories!