So I am kind of excited that we get to start this new year off with a rare occurrence . . . the Super Blue Blood Moon. It is pretty incredible that we are able to witness some of these things and that we know when they will happen.
If anyone doesn’t know what I am talking about here are some links to help acquaint you with the event that happened on January 31st. Thank you Newsweek for the quick account of the event and NASA for the live stream of the event.
While I was not able to see the event myself because of our cloud cover, I did add pictures I took of the first full moon. (You can see we have a cloud cover problem) 🙂
To honor this awesome event; here are 5 things to keep the theme of the moon alive.
- Decorate your space with some awesome moon inspired artwork. I love this vendor on Etsy.
- I have actually seen these lamps around town and I really like them.
- Aren’t these cookies so clever! Enjoy them from Cadry’s Kitchen.
- I love this necklace and it’s tribute to the moon and stars by Mignon and Mignon.
- Just in case you need to be reminded about how great it is to be an astronaut and attempt a landing on the moon–watch Apollo 13 again.
2 thoughts on “To the Moon and Back”
Neat post this week! The pictures were fabulous! We did see the full moon here and it was gorgeous! Thanks for keeping us apprised of these wonderful events!
Glad you liked the pictures! Wish I would have been able to capture some of the super moon. Next time!!