We tend to spend a lot of time showing our love to others this month and while I highly recommend us always showing love to others, I decided to give a quick reminder that we need to show love to ourselves as well.
Loving ourselves is self-care and helps us be that better person in the world around us. When we take care of the inner person we are able to take care of others, show more compassion and empathy–and . . . love.
Try it! See how you respond to others when you take some time for yourself. Here are 5 quick ways to show love to ourselves.
Share with me your ideas as well!
- Say, “I Love You” out-loud while looking in the mirror into your own eyes. This might be awkward but the more you say it out loud the more your soul will start to believe it and you will find yourself less judgmental of others.
- Step outside. It doesn’t have to be long but you need to walk long enough to take 10 deep breaths. It really is amazing what fresh air and deep breathing can do for your body and mind. It will help you refocus, calm down, and bring more energy to continue on.
- Be present in the moment. Do you ever wonder how you got from one point to other? Do you lose your train of thought too quickly? Stop trying to be present in everything and start being present where you find yourself. Only good comes from this and some examples are; cooking better because you don’t forget things, driving home without being in an accident, and listening and engaging when others are talking.
- Shut off electronics and go rogue. I know a lot of people talk about this but they are saying it for a reason. Instead of switching on the TV at night to decompress, try reading a book, playing a game, completing a puzzle, or playing an instrument. The possibilities are endless!
- Enjoy your food. For one meal or dessert, try not eating to just get through it and get back to what you were doing. Actually sit down with no other intention than to enjoy what has been placed in front of you. Relish every bite and enjoy the moment. Your body will thank you for not just shoveling food into it.
5 thoughts on “Love in the Form of Self-Care”
Love the topic and your ideas! I love the idea to make all at least long enough to get ten deep breaths. That feels like really good self care for me. 👍🏻
Oops make all is supposed to say “walk”. Whatever auto correct. Lol
It really is and is so simple that it seems to easy. Try it and tell me what you think! 🙂
Really great ideas! It is so important to have some “me” time!
I couldn’t agree with you more!