I am sure most of you had turkey and all the trimmings during your Thanksgiving holiday. I hope it was a great meal! If not, below are some of the items that I made for my dinner with the family that were fantastic.
- Old Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie from Mel’s Kitchen Café
- Grilled Mexican Corn Salad from Southern Living
- Pecan Pie Bites from The Baker Mama
- Cranberry Salsa from Our Life in Food (it seems their website is down; should you want the recipe, send me a comment and I will send their recipe to you)
- Chile-Rubbed Turkey from Bon Appetit
Even if it was a great meal; I am sure you have burnout with the leftovers. Don’t get me wrong, I love turkey and it is one of the few meats that I eat but I can only see it paired with stuffing and mashed potatoes for so long before I start thinking fast food sounds like a good idea. So here are 5 ideas that I think sound excellent for using up the leftovers.