I am sure most of you had turkey and all the trimmings during your Thanksgiving holiday. I hope it was a great meal! If not, below are some of the items that I made for my dinner with the family that were fantastic.
- Old Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie from Mel’s Kitchen Café
- Grilled Mexican Corn Salad from Southern Living
- Pecan Pie Bites from The Baker Mama
- Cranberry Salsa from Our Life in Food (it seems their website is down; should you want the recipe, send me a comment and I will send their recipe to you)
- Chile-Rubbed Turkey from Bon Appetit
Even if it was a great meal; I am sure you have burnout with the leftovers. Don’t get me wrong, I love turkey and it is one of the few meats that I eat but I can only see it paired with stuffing and mashed potatoes for so long before I start thinking fast food sounds like a good idea. So here are 5 ideas that I think sound excellent for using up the leftovers.
- Nachos from Half Baked Harvest
- Bites from Nabisco Triscuits
- Sandwich from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Soup from Town and Country Living
- Tart from Cook’s Illustrated
6 thoughts on “Post Thanksgiving”
Your ideas for eating the turkey other ways look great but I’m just here to say that THANKSGIVING DINNER WAS FABULOUS!! And eating those leftovers over and over haven’t made me feel bad at all! Thanks for sending some home with us! I know Dave is jealous!!
I am so glad that you liked the dinner.We will need to do it again with everyone and make plenty of leftovers.
I’m coming to your house for Thanksgiving next year
It all looks SO delicious!