Don’t you just love those times when you are going about daily life but something stops in you in your tracks and you can’t help but smile and in some instances laugh? I like to think of those moments as fist bumps of happiness—a gentle reminder that all is not lost in the world and we will still have much to be happy about.
Here are 5 things that recently have done just that.
- This picture made me laugh. I am a little surprised the dog was so well-behaved.
- I love this quote and I love this picture. A great reminder that attitude determines much more than we think.
- I am a grown woman and am not interested having bubble gum pink hair but . . . I decided to relive my former younger years and add a highlight of pink to my hair. The rose gold hair color I have now makes me smile and laugh. Here are some ideas in case you want to give it a try.
- I recently went and saw The Greatest Showman and while it was a good show cinematically, it also had a great message about staying positive.
- Most recently I have just watched an Ellen episode where Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep are promoting their new movie, The Post. This clips should bring a smile and some laughs.
So I was talking to a group of kids a couple of weeks back and I was asking them to tell me what they were grateful for.
I do need to add that the kids were between the ages of 5-6.
They thought of their families, their toys, their friends but then they couldn’t think of anything else. To help them out, I started naming items that I am grateful for . . . food, pools, the sun, naps, etc. Needless to say, we got on the topic of animals and never got off. The kids had to not only tell me about their favorite animal and why they were grateful for them but it became a biology lesson on what made that particular animal so great.
So here are my top 5 favorite animals and why I think they are so great.
- Dogs: Seriously, if you had known me and my dog Coco, then I don’t have to explain why I think dogs are so great. But interesting fact: Dogs actually do dream. When they twitch and have paw movements while sleeping, it is an indicator that they are dreaming. Thanks Pet Finder for that awesome fact! You can find more unique facts here.
- Killer Whales: Let’s be honest. They are soooo beautiful and magnificent to see out in the open ocean. My love of Orcas started with Shamu at Sea World but it went to a whole new level when I saw them while off the coast of Vancouver, Canada. Interesting fact: Did you know that Orcas live over 90 years? Check out other facts here.
- Sea Otters/River Otters: You can’t tell me that you don’t find Otters completely captivating. I can sit at an aquarium all day and just watch them play with each other. Besides that, they are so cute and they make you want to cuddle with them or at least get a stuffed animal version to cuddle with. Interesting fact: Did you know that Otters have the thickest fur of any mammal in the animal kingdom? They can have up to 1 million hairs per square inch. Thanks Mental Floss for the fact! You can check out other facts here.
- Panthers: What’s not to like about a big black cat? Really, big cats stand in an arena all their own with the majesty and respect they deserve. Then you add black fur to the mix and you had me at hello! They are magnificent creatures. Did you know that they are not solid black in color but up close you can actually see prints or spots on their body? Thanks Interesting Fun Facts! Check out more facts here.
- Sheep: I know this might sound crazy but whenever I spend any time on a farm; the only animal I really want to spend time with are the sheep. Their presence just seem to give the world a pastoral glow. I remember that I wanted to touch one so bad because I thought they would be so soft. I was wrong. Their fur feels like a seriously bad rat nest but it still doesn’t deter my love for seeing the animal out in pasture. Did you know that sheep are able to remember things? The can remember at least 50 individual sheep and humans for years. Thanks One Kind for the fact! Check out more facts here.