I had the most relaxing vacation this year going to a place that I have never been and therefore having no memories or people attached to it . . . Bethany Beach.
It was the kind of vacation I needed this year. So many things are in transition in my life and the last thing I needed was to “relax” in my usual places. That might sound weird but not having any attachment to a place and no agenda was EXACTLY how I got my mind and then my body to relax.
I have only driven through a small portion of Delaware before this trip so I can safely say that I didn’t know Delaware until now. I was introduced to a lot of fun new things and foods. Below are my top 5 introductions.
What about your travels? Where have you been that cause your mind and body to relax?
- Dickey’s Frozen Custard: I don’t eat sugar right not but I did manage to get in a couple of bites. Let me tell you . . . it is sooo smooth and creamy. If you love custard, you need to try this place.
- Ocean Kayaking: I have never been in a kayak before this trip and I was eager to give it a try. I am hooked! (Although I have a lot to learn before I can safely surf in the kayak)
- DB’s Fries: So . . . I also don’t eat potatoes right now but my friend promised me that it would be worth it to try a couple. She was right.
- Finch Outdoor Furniture: Beautiful outdoor pieces made of durable poly.
- Cape May, NJ: I didn’t realize that you could take a ferry to New Jersey let alone see this ADORABLE coastal town.
One thought on “The Charm of Bethany Beach”
So glad you got to go on this trip! I’m sure I’ll never get there but I can live vicariously through you! Tell Jessica I’m grateful to her for inviting you!