I grew up in a house where we ate soup but it wasn’t a crowd pleaser (my Dad didn’t like soup) so it wasn’t made with any kind of frequency. As an adult—I just love soup!! I usually get in trouble because I make too much of it but I am always open to sharing. Soup is so versatile, such a chameleon in the food world that you can never go wrong. It ranks right up there with my second love of sandwiches.
Now that the weather has turned cooler, I find myself looking at more and more soup recipes and (of course) the bread that needs to go with it. (Let’s be honest for a second—you can’t have soup without something to dip into it!) Here are 5 recipes that I am looking forward to making in the months ahead.
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup from Delish with Classic French Baguette from Mrs. P’s Kitchen
- Vegetable Barley Soup from Hello Little Home with Rosemary Thyme No-Knead Dutch Oven Bread from Pinch Me, I’m Eating
- Nonna’s Italian Style Chicken Noodle Soup from 4 Sons R Us with Garlic Mozzarella Dippers from Cooking TV
- Quick Chicken Pho from Simply Recipes with (I wouldn’t dip anything in my Pho but if you want something extra . . .) Bahn Mi Sandwich from Food People Want
- Signature Spicy, Smoky, Sweet Chili from Iowa Girl Eats with Buttery Sweet Corn Bread from Norine’s Nest