The first time I lived in Portland I never once crossed the river to explore the neighboring city of Vancouver, Washington. I never really felt the need to. Portland had more than enough to keep me busy. Now that I am back to stay in the area; it is a different story.
In some ways I am blessed to live in Portland but work in Vancouver and because I try to avoid as much traffic as possible; I find myself hanging around in Washington and exploring.
So here are 5 of my new favorites haunts in Vancouver.
- Frontier Public House. This was a recommendation by my hairstylist and I am glad she shared!
- Speaking of my hairstylist . . . I love the salon I frequent! Way to offer excellent service Vata Salon!
- In an effort to stay cool this summer during the MANY 100+ degree days, I discovered this local gem–Moulton Falls.
- I love my many options of farmer markets in the northwest but I love the lazy summer feeling of the Vancouver Farmers Market.
- If you need to travel to Seattle, you should consider taking the train and avoiding the traffic and if you are going to avoid the traffic and the parking fees, you should take the train from Vancouver instead of Portland. But before you park and catch the train at the Vancouver Station, make sure you grab a bagel to eat from Sunrise Bagel Bakery.