I hope your week is going well. Mine is busy as ever with my sister’s upcoming wedding.
Since I still don’t currently have a job, I had to cancel my monthly facials. Got to spare the funds!! So I have been trying to figure out ways to keep my skin looking great. I turned to a slew of homemade remedies to see if any of them will do the trick. Here is what I found out.
- Basil Water: You are to boil fresh basil in water and then add a drop or two of lavender essential oils then steam your face for ten minutes to open up your pores. This was actually great but don’t breathe too deeply in the beginning or you might have a coughing fit.
- Chamomile Tea Bags: Steep in cold water for 5 minutes then apply to your eyes for 10-20 minutes to reduce dark under eye circles. This was very relaxing and I thought it reduced the discoloration but not the puffiness.
- Lemon Baking Soda: Mix lemon juice with baking soda into a paste and then apply to the areas with blackheads. They were removed but be particular about getting it everywhere you want them removed.
- Burning Mask: A mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, lemon juice and I added baking soda to the original recipe. It does burn for a few minutes but it actually smelled great and my skin felt much smoother afterwards. I didn’t see any noticeable difference but I will follow the instructions for continued use to see if it will really clear up the imperfections on my face.
5. Lavender Essential Oil: I have actually been using this for a while now and it has been great. Just a drop or two is great on blemishes. They don’t spread and the pore cleans itself out pretty quickly.
May the force be with you and your skin!! 🙂