I have been travelling a lot lately and will keep it up for at least another month or two. I really do love to travel and can’t wait to share some pictures from all of the trips with you guys. But travel isn’t what I want to talk about today. I want to talk about easing back into regular life while your brain is still in vacation mode.
It is actually really hard to jump from one to the next unless your vacation and home habits are the same. My habits are similar to some extent but one area I always struggle in is, getting back into routine with my eating habits.
When I am on vacation, 9 out of 10 times I will be eating out or at the very least, eating things that I don’t normally eat when I am at home. It feels a little like going through toxic shock for the first 24 hours before I can really re-establish my normal eating patterns.
I am a pretty boring eater on a daily basis. I generally do something fun and exciting for Sunday dinner when family and friends come around but every day . . . it is just me. However, here are my next 5 recipes that I want to try when I have a moment in my own kitchen.
- Grilled Salmon Burgers with Avocado Salsa from Laughing Spatula
- Lemon Lentil Soup from Gimme Some Oven
- Sweet & Sour Asian Pickled Cucumbers with Chicken Satay from FoodieCrush
- Zesty Lime Shrimp & Avocado Salad from Fifteen Spatulas
- Coconut Curry Noodle Soup from The Woks of Life