So it happened. I turned 40.
Don’t get me wrong; I am not sulking about it or trying to hide it. I am really okay with my age. My age has only ever been a number. Some birthdays I have wanted to be a certain number but most birthdays I just don’t care. The only thing that seems a little off settling is when I think about home much I have lived and what I have done in 40 years and it is surprising in certain aspects.
For some reason when I was younger, 40 seemed old. It seemed like something I never wanted to be but now that I am here . . . it really is no different than any other number.
So to celebrate my birthday and the 40 years that have passed by; I am listing 5 albums that have been apart of my life.
- Whitesnake: Whitesnake–This album was the first record I ever bought and it will forever hold a place in my heart.Enjoy this song from that album.
- Cocktail: The Movie Soundtrack–This album was the first cassette tape I ever owned and yes, I played it on my Walkman. Enjoy this song from the album.
- Tracy Chapman: New Beginning–This album was the first CD that I ever owned and of course, I played it over and over. Enjoy this song from that album.
- The Last of the Mohicans: The Movie Soundtrack–I just loved the soundtrack and would play it over and over while I was studying in college and even play it to fall asleep at night. Enjoy this song from that album.
- The Eagles: Hell Freezes Over–This was the first album that I ever bought after a concert and it holds a special place in my heart since their song was number one the year that I was born and is probably my most favorite song ever. Enjoy the song!