So it happened. I turned 40.
Don’t get me wrong; I am not sulking about it or trying to hide it. I am really okay with my age. My age has only ever been a number. Some birthdays I have wanted to be a certain number but most birthdays I just don’t care. The only thing that seems a little off settling is when I think about home much I have lived and what I have done in 40 years and it is surprising in certain aspects.
For some reason when I was younger, 40 seemed old. It seemed like something I never wanted to be but now that I am here . . . it really is no different than any other number.
So to celebrate my birthday and the 40 years that have passed by; I am listing 5 albums that have been apart of my life.
- Whitesnake: Whitesnake–This album was the first record I ever bought and it will forever hold a place in my heart.Enjoy this song from that album.
- Cocktail: The Movie Soundtrack–This album was the first cassette tape I ever owned and yes, I played it on my Walkman. Enjoy this song from the album.
- Tracy Chapman: New Beginning–This album was the first CD that I ever owned and of course, I played it over and over. Enjoy this song from that album.
- The Last of the Mohicans: The Movie Soundtrack–I just loved the soundtrack and would play it over and over while I was studying in college and even play it to fall asleep at night. Enjoy this song from that album.
- The Eagles: Hell Freezes Over–This was the first album that I ever bought after a concert and it holds a special place in my heart since their song was number one the year that I was born and is probably my most favorite song ever. Enjoy the song!
2 thoughts on “4 Decades Later”
Now you’re really dating yourself……….albums, cassettes…….I don’t know! But now that you’ve said you don’t feel any different at 40, you can understand how it is with us. Really the only thing that feels different for me is that my health and mobility aren’t the same. But inside, I still love the oldies and I dream about the good old days! As long as you chalk up good memories along the way, you’ll be happy! Happy 40th!
I LOVE all of the music! I really love how music can change your mood and bring back fun memories!!