I did it! The first time ever was I able to get Christmas up by December 1st! In fact, I got it up on November 28th. I am so proud of me!!
Now that Christmas is in full swing at my house; I have to start planning all of the fun things that I want to do during the season. Since I am in a new state this year; I need to become well-versed in all the Portland traditions. If you are a local–please bring me up to speed. Below are 5 things that I am going to start out with and see how they go.
- Christmas in the Garden at The Oregon Garden
- Portland Christmas Ship Parade along the Columbia and Willamette Rivers
- The Miracle of a Million Lights at the Victoria Belle Mansion
- Handel’s Messiah performed by the Oregon Symphony and PSU Chamber Choir
- Scandinavian Fair at Portland Veterans Memorial Coliseum
BTW–I am actually in Utah for the weekend, catching up with the family. So I owe it to everyone to give you a heads up on the things that you should do while in Utah this Christmas season. Here are my top 5:
- Candlelight Christmas at This Is The Place Heritage Park
- Holiday Central at Thanksgiving Point
- Pickleville Playhouse Christmas at The Grand Theater
- Holiday Window Display at The Grand America
- Temple Square Lights at Temple Square
ENJOY the season! 🙂