Luck in All the Right Places

There are a lot of places in the world that visitors travel to each year to bring luck or good fortune to their lives. I haven’t met a person yet that couldn’t use a little extra in the luck department. Below are some pretty lucky places to travel.

Which one is your favorite or do you have one not on the list?


  1. The Blarney Stone in Ireland 
  2. Trevi Fountain in Italy 
  3. Weeping Columns in Istanbul 
  4. Laughing Buddha in China 
  5. Everard’t Serclaes Statue in Brussels 

Why Are You Lucky?

Have you ever thought about being lucky? Luck is nothing more than chance but we seem to associate other ideas with the word such as destiny and that implies more action then I think luck would have. However, I do use the phrase a lot to mean blessed. I do know that the people I know who seem to have “all the luck” are those that are generally hopefully about their future, have faith in their dreams, and love those around them. 

So what are the things in your life that makes you lucky? Here are my top 5.

  1. My family and friends
  2. My religion
  3. My home
  4. My knowledge
  5. My health


Late Start to Winter

I am not sure where everyone lives but for me, it seems we are having a late start to winter. For the most part, I don’t mind winter. Let’s say that represents 65% of me. The other 35% showing that I am not a big fan of it. I can very easily enumerate the things I don’t like about it but I can also come up with reasons why I like it as well.

Here are 5 reasons why winter is okay in my books. What reasons do you like winter?

  1. Fresh fallen snow makes everything it falls on look beautiful when it would otherwise look dead. 
  2. When it is cold outside, you seek warmth inside. 
  3. Most people look good bundled-up when outside. 
  4. No one “bats an eye” when you say you just want to stay home and read a good book. 
  5. While it is cold outside, I see more beautiful night skies.