It’s the season for road trips and I take them in abundance. While my destination, the length of the road trip, and the people who travel with me, change with each trip; there are fundamentals that always remain. Here are 5 items that I will always have in my car before starting a road trip.
- Sunglasses are an absolute must and I have been on trips where I have forgotten mine. So when anyone is traveling with me, I also have extra sunglasses for everyone in the car.
- Water is something every passenger has in my car and I have it in bottles that can be reused for the duration of the trip. You never know when you desperately need that sip of water.
- A blanket that can be used to cover things, sit on, sleep with or even dry off with.
- Kleenex because drive-thru napkins are just so harsh on your face.
- Roadside emergency kit for the . . .’I wasn’t prepared for that’ moments.